Jess Strain is on a mission to drive transparency within the fashion industry and is the founder of Ovrbloom, a fashion accessories brand.
In this episode, Jess covers:
- A childhood introduction to the environment via vegetarianism. [Starts at 1:25]
- Her passion for fashion and textiles from an early age. [Starts at 3:55]
- Exploring her creativity at Loughborough University. [Starts at 5:30]
- Getting involved in climate activism. [Starts at 8:10]
- University divestment and successful campaigning. [Starts at 12:00]
- Issues around fashion materials and recycling. [Starts at 16:30]
- Her journey towards entrepreneurship. [Starts at 19:45]
- Founding a product-based business to match her values. [Starts at 23:40]
- Challenges in gaining fashion supply chain information. [Starts at 29:05]
- Her HatBag – multifunctional and hand-painted. [Starts at 32:50]
- Transparency versus sustainability. [Starts at 35:00]
- Future ambitions and vision – to make fashion supply chains more transparent. [Starts at 37:55]
- Transparency in facilitating a circular economy. [Starts at 42:10]
- Thoughts on the future of transparency in fashion. [Starts at 43:45]
How to connect
Please rate and review this episode and why not share it with someone you think might enjoy it. To hear more stories from people positively impacting our environment, click subscribe/follow in your podcast app.
For more on sustainable fashion, listen to Natascha Radclyffe-Thomas.