Dr Helena Clements is Associate Medical Director and Climate Action Clinical Lead at Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust.
In this episode, Helena covers:
- Environmental influences as a child, and sustainability and climate action at home and later in her work. [Starts at 1:20]
- Carbon emissions within healthcare and engaging clinicians. [Starts at 8:10]
- The power of NHS staff to make a difference. [Starts at 11:40]
- Climate targets, active stakeholders and potential reach through patients. [Starts at 15:00]
- Patient conversations about health that are mindful of the climate impact. [Starts at 18:30]
- The relationship between food, health and the planet; and the Hope Orchard. [Starts at 21:00]
- Green plans and doing things differently. [Starts at 24:40]
- Success stories and challenges in reducing carbon emissions. [Starts at 28:25]
- Supply chain and using buying power to make changes. [Starts at 32:00]
- Financial frustration and a new vision of healthcare. [Starts at 34:05]
- Retaining hope and striving for balance. [Starts at 37:35]
- Her thoughts on the future. [Starts at 40:10]
How to connect
Please rate and review this episode and why not share it with someone you think might enjoy it. To hear more stories from people positively impacting our environment, click subscribe/follow in your podcast app.