Robbie Carnegie is a senior communications officer at Moors for the Future Partnership, an organisation engaging in peatland restoration across the Peak District and South Pennine Moors.
In this episode, Robbie covers:
- From a life in the creative arts to protecting nature. [Starts at 1:20]
- The partnership, peat degradation and the importance of peatlands. [Starts at 4:25]
- The process of restoring peatlands. [Starts at 10:50]
- Where peatland restoration takes place. [Starts at 17:05]
- The transformation over time and ongoing monitoring. [Starts at 18:05]
- Wildlife and their return to the moors. [Starts at 20:40]
- Monitoring practices and adding gully blocks. [Starts at 21:40]
- The Bogtastic van and engaging the public in protecting our landscape. [Starts at 24:50]
- Collaboration and The Great North Bog. [Starts at 30:50]
- Peat farming. [Starts at 33:20]
- Peat – an asset for our future. [Starts at 34:30]
How to connect
Please rate and review this episode and why not share it with someone you think might enjoy it. To hear more stories from people positively impacting our environment, click subscribe/follow in your podcast app.
For more on enhancing biodiversity, listen to Dave Goulson’s episode on protecting bees and insects.