Euan McTurk is a consultant battery electrochemist and creator of Plug Life Television.
In this episode, Euan covers:
- A chance encounter with an electric Peugeot 106 that kickstarted his battery interest. [Starts at 1:40]
- Green aspirations and finding his passion. [Starts at 4:04]
- How an electric battery works. [Starts at 6:33]
- Battery performance, longevity and uses at end-of-life. [Starts at 9:50]
- Raw material sourcing and utilising renewable energy in manufacture. [Starts at 16:40]
- Environmentally-friendly production, energy use and recycling. [Starts at 21:32]
- The problem with cobalt. [Starts at 27:28]
- Energy supply in charging electric vehicles and the grid. [Starts at 30:15]
- Reduced air pollution from exhaust elimination and brakes. [Starts at 34:05]
- 2050 – car ownership, autonomous driving, production efficiency and the circular economy. [Starts at 40:10]
- Personal lifestyle – the quest to reduce energy consumption/costs. [Starts at 45:04]
Plug Life Television Website
YouTube Plug Life Television Channel
How to connect
Please rate and review this episode and why not share it with someone you think might enjoy it. To hear more stories of people doing fabulous things that positively impact our environment, click subscribe in your podcast app.
2 thoughts on “Electric vehicle batteries with Euan McTurk”
Excellent podcast, I learned a lot, and enjoyed the delivery.
Thank Joe for the positive feedback; glad you enjoyed listening.