Hollie Davis is a Team Wilder Community Engagement Assistant, and Ruth Pilbeam is a Rewilding Project Officer for Wild Peak and Peatlands Discovery with the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust.
In this episode, Hollie and Ruth cover:
- How they became interested in protecting nature. [Starts at 1:10]
- The aim of Team Wilder. [Starts at 3:45]
- Hollie’s role within Team Wilder. [Starts at 4:55]
- The many exciting ways people engage in fundraising for the charity. [Starts at 6:15]
- Engaging communities in connecting with nature. [Starts at 7:50]
- Exciting and accessible activities people can do to benefit nature. [Starts at 8:55]
- Wild Peak – an ambitious rewilding project. [Starts at 12:20]
- The pledges landowners are making within the Wild Peak project. [Starts at 14:00]
- The geographical spread of the Wild Peak landowners. [Starts at 16:30]
- Networking within Wild Peak, benefiting people and nature. [Starts at 18:30]
- Future ambitions for the Wild Peak project. [Starts at 21:30]
- Nature-based solutions, biodiversity net gain and offsetting. [Starts at 24:10]
- Wild Peak success stories. [Starts at 27:10]
- Getting involved in nature and finding a community group. [Starts at 29:40]
- Thoughts and feelings on the future of nature. [Starts at 32:45]
How to connect
Please rate and review this episode and why not share it with someone you think might enjoy it. To hear more stories of people doing fabulous things that positively impact our environment, click subscribe/follow in your podcast app.
For more insight into the work of the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust, listen to the Connecting Woodlands episode.