Wayne Bexton is the Director of Environment and Sustainability at Nottingham City Council and is driving change within Nottingham to meet a carbon neutral goal of 2028.
In this episode, Wayne covers:
- Environmental influences and seeking a career to deliver positive impacts for the environment and people. [Starts at 1:25]
- His three roles and broad responsibilities. [Starts at 5:10]
- Nottingham’s ambitious carbon neutral 2028 target and action plan involving domestic, commercial and transport areas. [Starts at 7:25]
- Collaboration, communication and engagement on sustainable actions. [Starts at 12:50]
- Facilitating greener transport. [Starts at 17:05]
- Balancing transport options and the Workplace Parking Levy. [Starts at 21:10]
- The implementation of the retrofit challenge. [Starts at 27:00]
- Retrofit demand and reducing costs. [Starts at 31:40]
- Raising awareness and leisure centre solar carports. [Starts at 34:20]
- Tracking performance and being an A list city. [Starts at 35:45]
- His thoughts and feelings on a sustainable future. [Starts at 38:15]
How to connect
Please rate and review this episode and why not share it with someone you think might enjoy it. To hear more stories from people positively impacting our environment, click subscribe/follow in your podcast app.
You may also like Multimodal Transport in Cities with Melissa Bruntlett.