Joy Carey is a Sustainable Food Systems Planning Consultant and founding director of the Bristol Food Network.
In this episode, Joy covers:
- Her early experiences and career background. [Starts at 1:51]
- An overview of sustainable food systems. [Starts at 5:52]
- How to become more sustainable by getting curious. [Starts at 10:41]
- Achieving a step-change within the food movement in Bristol through research, identifying themes, setting goals, collaboration and piloting. [Starts at 14:49]
- Why food waste is a problem and what we can do about it. [Starts at 21:14]
- The benefits of short supply chains. [Starts at 27:13]
- Organic food principles. [Starts at 32:02]
- What food systems look like in 2050 – replenished farming, nature-friendly urban growing, waste properly composted, circular systems, innovation. [Starts at 36:57]
- Personal sustainable actions – box scheme, seafood, clothing and wormeries. [Starts at 41:40]
How to connect
Please rate and review this episode and why not share it with someone you think might enjoy it. To hear more stories of people doing fabulous things that positively impact our environment, subscribe or follow in your podcast app.